Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A New Beginning

Hi everyone! I finally have time to blog. These first few days being at a new college have been pretty typical. We had orientation, free lunch, and "get-to-know-others" time. It stepped up a notch when we got to go on field trips (yes, field trips). It's like I'm back in elementary school... AND I LOVE IT. I love field trips. So on one day, we got to go on a double decker bus tour of Dublin city center. My friends and I, of course, sat on the top in the freezing and whipping wind, which was not fun, but now I realize that it was worth it because I got some pretty cool shots.



Jim Larkin Statue with the Post Office building behind


River Liffey 



National Gallery of Ireland



A Government Building



Christ Church Cathedral


My first sighting of a Celtic cross






The next day, we got to visit Causey Farm. Probably one of the coolest things I've done. Since where I live, I never have any interaction with farm life so I was so interested in everything. We got to bake Irish soda bread, visit with and pet sheep and cows, and got a tour of the entire farm. The best part was the people who worked the farm taught us how to dance an Irish jig. SO FUN. Also, we got to play an Irish drum and learn the famous Irish game of hurling. It is similar to field hockey (kinda) so I really enjoyed it! At the end, we got to see a sheep dog collect sheep from this huge field. It was so cool. 





James going deep in sheep. 

Cows

The field of sheep before the sheep herder

After

After all these fun times, the whole reason I'm in Ireland dawned on me: classes had to start. It is super interesting because the classes are so different than in the states. They have different priorities, scheduling, and assignments so I am just trying to get used to it all and figure out my schedule. But today, IT WAS SNOWING. Yes, you read that right. SNOWING. I've only seen snow like 4 times so it was crazy. There's a video on my Instagram. :)

Hope everyone is great!

xoxo,
Halle







No comments:

Post a Comment